The last section of the Portuguese Way starts in the cathedral town of Tui, in Galicia; separated from Portugal only by the River Minho and its iconic International Bridge. From Tui to Santiago de Compostela, the Camino trail takes pilgrims across tranquil woods, farmland and peaceful hamlets, as well as historic towns and cities.
On this section of the Portuguese Way you will reach the Atlantic coast in Arcade, a seaside town famous for its oyster festival; and the lovely city of Pontevedra with its classic Galician old town, superb architecture and lively pedestrian centre. Being in the heart of the Rías Baixas region, make sure you sample its famous white wine, Albariño. On your way to Santiago, you will also stop in Padrón, hometown of Galicia’s most acclaimed poet, Rosalía de Castro, and reputedly the place where St James first landed in Galicia.
VIEW OUR TOUR OPTIONS
- 8 days/ 7 Nights. Stay in our hand-picked accommodation.
- Split – 7 walking days/ 8 nights. This tour includes an extra walking day to split the last day into two walking days of 10km & 15km.
- Superior Collection: Stay in the best accommodation available along the way, including Parador heritage hotels and other unique properties. Now including complimentary spa treatment in Santiago.
- Country Cottage: Stay in boutique properties in rural settings. Pick up included.
- Guided tours
- Standard: 8 days/ 7 Nights. Includes split day 4 all dinners and airport transfers.