Download the Camino Digital Pilgrim Passport (Credencial del Pelegrino) to your phone
The “Cathedral de Santiago” launched a new Camino Digital Pilgrim Passport, in addition to the traditional paper passport.
The Pilgrim’s passport, also known as the Credencial del Pelegrino, has been a staple for pilgrims on the Camino for hundreds of years.
The new digital Camino pilgrim passport Credential version has been in the works for some time but in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is more impetus to make it available.
Overall, it is a great innovation as it means a contactless way to collect the pilgrim stamps along the Camino.
Using the digital version means cutting down on queues of people lining up for stamps and saves more time overall so you can enjoy your Camino even more!
The New Camino Digital Pilgrim Passport Credencial: How it works
- Before undertaking your Camino de Santiago trip, download the new App to your IoS or Android device (see below links)
- This Camino Credencial App is available in the App stores in 8 different languages.
- Each point along the Camino called the reception points will have a QR code for you to scan. Just point your phone and scan!
- Scanning this code via your App gives you a digital stamp on your digital Camino passport.
- The Pilgrim’s Office in Santiago is working to ensure that all reception points will have QR codes unique to them.
- When you have obtained all of your digital stamps, this will allow you to obtain your official Compostela Certificate!
- PS: If you are a hotel on the Camino, you must register to get your unique QR code.
Download your Camino Digital Pilgrim Passport – Credencial del Pelegrino:
As 2021 and 2022 will be holy years on the Camino, there is definitely a demand for more digital innovations to ensure health and safety guidelines are met.
We look forward to hearing about more future digital innovations!
If you would like to talk with us about your upcoming Camino plans, send us a message on the form below: