About Us. We all share a common passion: The Camino de Santiago. We are one of the most loved Tour Operator for the Camino de Santiago. When booking with us there is no intermediary. We are booking you directly with local hotels, taxis and guides. This is the belief on which CaminoWays.com has been built and the personal touch gives our client a high degree of satisfaction.
We believe travelling is about enriching personal experiences, the people you share the journey with or you meet along the way but mostly, about opening up to a new way to see the world around us or even a new way to see ourselves. That is one of the (many) reasons we love the Camino de Santiago.
We are a team of knowledgeable and enthusiastic travel professionals, coming from different countries and continents; and we are proud to be part of the Camino journey of many pilgrims from all over the world every year.
Camino Ways specialise in walking and cycling holidays on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, the Via Francigena to Rome, and other European adventures. Our staff has extensive travelling experience throughout the world. We offer alternative holidays — a break away from the usual beach or resort trips — offering our customers a real opportunity to experience nature, along with friends and family, up-close and personally.
Our philosophy is that a holiday is not only about travelling; it is much more than that. It is about exploring not only the culture of a region but also the aromas and flavours of the local traditional food. We like to think that you can discover more about yourself while spending quality time with your family and friends. Travel, they say, broadens your mind and so you will not only improve your cultural awareness, but you will also get out in the fresh air.
At Camino Ways, we take all the stress out of researching, planning, and of course booking your holiday as well as taking care of every other aspect involved in organising a holiday. Needless to say, all fitness levels are catered for so everybody can choose their own challenge and the right holiday for themselves through our easy to understand walking grades.
Our staff know every trip intimately from the route right up to each hotel along the way, having experienced it all personally. This is why customising your tour to your requirements and your needs is not a challenge for us, it is our speciality. On your holiday, your safety always comes first but we also respect local people and customs. We value relationships with locals and we always conduct your holiday in harmony with their traditions and the local nature. This is part of our ethic, and we take great pride in our ability to achieve this. Our ethic applies throughout all our holidays. We hope that you share with us these simple but strong values.
There are no intermediaries when booking with us. So please ask us for advice, customisation or if you wish to combine several sections together!
CaminoWays’ team has more than 10 years of experience in organising and booking Camino Holidays.
Our customer care, reservation, and product team are based in Dublin, while our ground operation is based in Santiago (Spain) and they see to it that your holiday runs smoothly. Every team member has a personal experience of the route, some even have been guiding tours before! CaminoWays staff are offered an extra week paid-holiday every year to travel our route! Talk to us and you will understand!
See our team profile below.
Our Spirit In six words:
- Safety: We provide detailed notes for your Self-Guided walking adventure and certified guides on all our Guided walking holidays.
- Pleasure: Leave your daily routine. It is said, “Life is not about finding yourself, it is about creating yourself.”
- Authenticity: Stay in traditional accommodation and eat the best local foods.
- Respect: We have respect for the environment and the cultures and traditions of the local people.
- Nature: Wander at your own pace throughout wild terrains and unspoilt landscapes.
- Discovery: Take your time to discover a region, be open-minded and curious towards the local culture.
Our spirit is not just an abstract concept; it is what you will discover when taking a holiday with us. All our holidays have been designed to the highest standards with your pleasure, satisfaction, and safety, in exploring the most authentic landscapes, of utmost importance to us, ensuring you a journey that is as important as the destination. About Us.
- Quality – We are permanently striving for the best itinerary, the most beautiful views and the best experiences for our customers. Our holidays are personally designed by professionals and experienced certified guides who have first-hand knowledge of the routes. We have assessed, on a real-time basis, approximate timings and based them on an average walker, taking into account the difficulty levels. Your comfort is of the utmost importance to us, which is why we personally select the most suitable accommodation and the most delicious meals, to ensure you get the most from your holiday.
- Fair Prices – Our prices are adjusted to our quality criteria when it comes to your holiday. We appreciate your business and so we offer loyalty discounts for our returning customers, as well as for those of you who plan your holidays early. Finally, yet importantly, our prices also represent equitable pay for our staff and the local people who work for us on the ground.
- Customer Care – We are just as happy for you to contact us by phone, fax or email and we will endeavour to reply to your query within 48 hours. You can use our website to discover your adventure and book it whenever you like. Upon your departure, we will be providing you with an emergency phone number that is accessible 24/7 to guarantee your safety and peace of mind.
Feel free to contact us by your preferred method if you are looking for more information or for options on personalising your holiday, extending your stay or to let us know about your dietary requirements. Our staff can also advise you on any other formalities such as visas, trekking permits, etc.
About Us, Timeline, our Story
It all started in 2011, when our director and committed globetrotter Roland Monsegu founded Greenlife Tours Ltd and its first brand: CaminoWays.com. Here’s a little insight into our story so far…
2002: This is the year Roland moved from his native France to Ireland. Little did he know it would become his new home… but not yet!
2004-2006: Roland takes his backpack and decides to travel the world for two whole years. During this time, he globetrotted his way across Asia, Europe and most part of South America. It was also the time he first discovered the Camino de Santiago.
2006: After his big around-the-world adventure, Roland comes back to Dublin and decides he wants to work on what he loves most: travel and hiking. He sets up his first adventure travel company back in Dublin, organising walking and cycling tours, including trips on the Camino.
2011: CaminoWays.com is born, specialising in the Camino de Santiago.
2012: By early this year our team is as big as three people! and we move to a small office in Dublin city centre.
2013: This year we welcome FrancigenaWays.com, focusing on another medieval trail, the Via Francigena or the Camino to Rome. Our team grows to 10 people and it’s time to move to a slightly bigger office, also in Dublin city centre.
2014: IrelandWays.com is the new arrival to the CaminoWays.com family, specialising in trails across Ireland. 2014 is also the year we fist meet Justin and Patrick from I’ll Push You and help them on their extraordinary Camino adventure. We organise the first Camino walking festival in Ireland to celebrate St James Day in July.
2015: Inspired by Justin and Patrick’s journey we launch the Greenlife Fund to support responsible travel and other inspiring projects. In December this year, we move to our brand new office in Blackpitts, Dublin 8.
2016: TrekkingBug.com is our new arrival this year. We join the Kerry Camino festival in the West of Ireland.
2017: We have a shiny new CaminoWays.com logo and also a superb new website. We win silver as the Irish Blog Awards and also at the Digital Media Awards for Best in Travel.
2018: The Greenlife Tours team has grown to nearly 40 people from all corners of the word. We are an adventurous and multicultural bunch. Together we can speak up to 10 languages. It can get a bit rowdy around lunchtime!
2019: We have launched our new CaminoWays.com/es in Spanish.
We love what we do, read more about our Camino Travel Service. Visit us at our office at 22 Blackpitts, Dublin 8, Ireland to call us to speak with a member of the team. We will help you plan a memorable.