French Way – Section 8: This is the most popular walking tour of the Camino de Santiago. Perfect for those looking to capture the essence of the Camino: a nice walk, good food and wine, discovering local customs, meeting fellow pilgrims and enjoying the unique atmosphere of it all. You won’t forget a single minute of it!This section of the Camino de Santiago starts in Sarria and covers the last 100km of the Camino Francés, the minimum required to apply for your Compostela certificate. The Camino will take you across woodlands, farmland and rustic hamlets, following tracks and paths lined by granite stone walls. The green rolling landscape of Galicia is part of each day’s walk, until you approach your final destination: the mythical city of Santiago de Compostela. Get your ‘Compostela’ certificate and explore the magic of Santiago’s Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
VIEW OUR TOUR OPTIONS
- 7 days/ 6 Nights. Stay in our hand-picked accommodation.
- Split – 8 days/ 7 Nights. This tour includes an extra walking day to split the long 28km on day 4, in 2 days of 14km.
- Easy Walking
- Last 100km – 11 days/ 10 Nights. Same itinerary but with 12km walking per day in average.
- Last 70km – 8 days/ 7 Nights. Starts in Palas de Rei with 12km walking per day in average
- Last 35km Short Break – 4 days/ 3 nights. Starts in Arzúa.
- Superior Collection: Best accommodation available including the Parador.
- Country Cottage: Boutique properties in rural settings. Pick up included.
- Guided tours
- Standard: 8 days/ 7 Nights. Includes split day 4 all dinners, English speaking guide and airport transfers. Departure every Saturday from Mar to Nov.
- Support bus: 8 days/ 7 Nights. Includes split day 4 all dinners and airport transfers. Bus with you. Departure Sep 5th 2015.