Greenlife Tours Responsible Travel
Greenlife Tours Responsible Travel & Our Environmental Policy
Greenlife Tours is investing in Responsible Travel & Environmental Policy as a means to support long term sustainability of the environments that we work in. To do so, as a company we follow guidelines and we encourage our clients and suppliers to adhere to eco-friendly travel principles. Here are the ecotourism and responsible travel commitments we are taking and the advice we provide to all of our clients:
The Green Life Tours Team Provides a positive environmental impact by:
- Educating and informing all team members about the local environment through training, briefing and dedicated FAM trips.
- Encouraging responsible behaviour on all of our holidays; responsible use of resources, especially water and adopting a zero litter policy.
- Ensuring that there is a system to respond to and act on any suggestions made by team members with regards to ecotourism initiatives.
- Ensuring that the type and scale of any environmental impact is appropriate to local conditions. All groups limited to an appropriate number e.g. 16 for a Guided walking tour
- Maintaining a comprehensive website that offers all information about the tours.
- Encouraging health and personal well-being for all employees and guides during working hours.
- Using electronic mail as opposed to post where possible.
- Advising guests on trail etiquette and responsible travel principles in all holiday packs.
- Encouraging guests to participate in local festivals and events that will enhance their understanding of the local culture.
- We work with our local accommodation suppliers to encourage recycling and energy saving practices, including drying laundry on a washing line and not in a tumble dryer.
- On escorted walks, all walkers should be conscious of the trails environment and pick up any litter found along the way.
Guides: Code of Conduct
- Maintain a professional, positive and respectful attitude in all communications with the local people and businesses.
- Maintain a strong leadership role and model correct behaviours in regards to the environment and local culture.
- Educate and ensure environmental awareness of the group.
- Guides are ambassadors for the region, culture and customs.
- Re-use and recycle wherever possible.
Accommodation – Environmental Policy
- We make sure to use the best combination of 1, 2, 3 stars accommodations depending on local infrastructure and availability;
- We select our accommodations in preference order ranking accommodations on their character, charm, staff friendliness, food quality and originality.
- We encourage our accommodation providers to recycle and to use energy responsibly by distributing a document to this effect at the start of the season.
- We encourage our clients to request new towels only if required, otherwise linen will usually be changed once a week, and towels twice a week.
- We encourage our clients to use a stainless steel or plastic bottle for the duration of their holiday. Reusable containers are easy to find and can be refilled along the way.
- We supply all of our holiday packs in digital format and we encourage that they are printed on double-sided, recycled paper.
- We supply our clients with suggestions on how to reduce water use, and with how to minimise any damage to the environment and wildlife during their stay.
- Our holiday packs inform people on water points, local bars and restaurants along the way.
For more details about Camino routes and to book your Camino de Santiago trip, contact our travel specialists
For travel inspiration, Camino tips and advice, events and special offers