After a very long wait, we are delighted to say that Spain is open!
Spain is now in a good position with its vaccination drive to allow tourists once again.
As of June 7th, Spain has fully vaccinated 60% of its population and at least 42% of the population has received one dose of the vaccine.
Spain is open with some requirements
It is now possible to enter Spain from many countries with one of the below:
- Negative Covid-19 test,
- A Vaccination certificate,
- A Declaration of having had and recovered from Covid-19.
*The negative COVID-19 test can be either a PCR test or an antigen test. There is a list of accepted antigen tests here.
Spain is open to travel from many countries
Spain is now accepting visitors from all countries in the EU / Schengen area and from countries where there is a reciprocal agreement.
Outside of these countries (the United States for example), a certificate of vaccination is required for entry.
There is also currently a list of departure countries in which there is no requirement for any test or vaccination certificate.
Countries with no vaccination certificate / negative test proof requirements:
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom & Northern Ireland
- China and the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macao (subject
Before you depart for Spain
- You may need to provide a negative Covid-19 test, taken 48 hours before you depart (depending on which country you are traveling from)
- You will also need to fill in this Health Control Form for each traveler.
- You can check all requirements pre-departure here.
- Always check your own government website for travel advice.
When you arrive in Spain
- You will be given 3 checks: Health (thermometer), Visual check on your health, and Documentation check.
- If you have the EU COVID Digital Certificate, you may get a Faster check: You will be given a Fast Check QR code.
- Please note mask-wearing is mandatory at every point of departure and entry.
- Mask wearing is also obligatory indoors and outdoors in Spain. (Outdoors may be reconsidered in mid-June)
Departing from Spain to your home country
- You may need a negative Covid-19 Test prior to boarding your return flight. We have a list of test centres in Spain.
- Make sure you keep updated with the latest Covid-19 travel news and your own government advice re quarantining etc.
We are trying to be as flexible as possible so if for any reason you need to postpone your trip, we offer one Free Postponement for any new trip booked after March 2020.
There has never been a better time to book your trip to Spain!
If you have any questions about your upcoming trip to Spain or the Camino, let us know in the form below: