My Camino de Santiago Journey
Welcome to the start of your Camino journey. You have probably been thinking about this experience for a long time and now you are ready to take the next step and get out on the trails. Today we will introduce you to the Camino de Santiago.
GET A FREE QUOTE
Enter your details and our Camino specialists will send you a free quotation for your preferred route.
HISTORY OF THE CAMINO
The Camino de Santiago or Way of St. James, is an ancient pilgrimage to the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia, Spain. Legend has it that the remains of the apostle, Saint James the Great, are buried here. If you walk 100km or more you can collect your pilgrim certificate when you arrive, just be sure to get at least two stamps per day along the way. You will find stamping stations in churches, cafes and some restaurants on the route. In the past pilgrims used to start their journey from their own home and over the years, different Camino ways have emerged, but the most popular is the Last 100km of the Camino Frances.
The full Camino Frances will take you walking more than 790 km (490 miles) across the top of Spain but many people choose to walk for 1 week. In the middle ages the Camino grew in popularity with over 250,000 pilgrims completing their journey to Santiago de Compostela each year. Today, people are turning to the Camino routes across Spain, Portugal and France to complete their journey for the soul and we are here to help you get started on your Camino adventure.
WHY SHOULD I WALK THE CAMINO DE SANTIAGO?
Over the years The Camino has developed into a vibrant hub of Spanish culture that attracts pilgrims from all over the world. Nearly 300,000 Compostela certificates were issued in 2016 alone, which will give you some idea of how popular it’s become. The reason that modern pilgrims walk the ancient trail have evolved over time, and it’s now a rewarding experience for anyone who enjoys walking or cycling. There are many ways to embark on this unique challenge. Here are just a few things to enjoy along the way when you are out on the trails:
- You will meet some wonderful people along the route and take in the beautiful Spanish sites.
- Escape from your routine to enjoy discovering the outdoors.
- Visit historic sites and monuments. With every route being different you can sample a vast array of cultures.
- Enjoy the lush Galician countryside or have a swim in the Atlantic on the coastal Camino routes.
- Albarino wine is famous worldwide so be sure to sample this native grape when you are on the trails.
- Taste delicious tapas at every stopping point. In Galicia they also have the wonderful pinxos that accompany your favourite evening drink.
- Converse with other walkers from around the world. Learn about their reasons for taking on this long loved adventure.
THE MOST POPULAR CAMINO STARTING POINTS
THE CAMINO FRANCES LAST 100 KM
THE FULL CAMINO FRANCES
THE PORTUGUESE COASTAL CAMINO
THE CAMINO DEL NORTE
THE FINISTERRE CAMINO
10 REASONS TO BOOK WITH US
Outstanding customer service and customer satisfaction
Experienced English-speaking guides
Camino Made Easy
We have walked the trails and want to share the experience with the world
24/7 support number
No intermediaries, we work closely with hotels and services
Special dietary requirements
We are a fully Licensed Travel Agent
5 star TripAdvisor Reviews
For travel inspiration, Camino tips and advice, events and special offers