Hotels in Portugal will now be guaranteed by the Clean & Safe stamp of approval by the Portuguese Tourism board.
The displaying of the stamp means that the accommodation provider meets the health and safety requirements set out by the Government.
The Moov Hotel Porto is one such hotel that we reached out to find out how they are implementing the new safety protocols.
As of writing this blog, the Moov hotel Porto has been operational since the end of May and they have all units reopened in Portugal.
From July 1st, they will be ready to receive international guests at their hotel.
Measures taken by the Moov Hotel Porto to be COVID-ready
One of the first hotels to reopen, the Moov hotel Porto has been very proactive in assuring us that they are “COVID-ready”. These are some of the measures that have been taken by the hotel:
- The wearing of masks in all common areas of the hotel
- Online check-in to decrease contact with reception
- Contactless payment facilities
- Separation of the front desk (behind a screen)
- Social distancing measures implemented
- Elevators to be used by one person at a time
- Full staff training on safety and hygiene measures
- Staff to wear protection gear
- After check out the room will not be used for 3 days
- Increase of cleaning in the bedrooms and common areas
- The breakfast room will have tables with significant distances between them and all food items will be in sealed containers.
“We have already reopened our units, with all the necessary safety and hygiene measures, validated by the “Clean & Safe” seal from Turismo de Portugal.” Moov Hotel Porto, May 2020
We are very satisfied that the Moov hotel Porto will be “COVID-ready” to accept pilgrims looking for a peaceful night’s sleep in a pristine hotel.