Rambling & Walking Clubs
We have organised many Camino tours for walking clubs and hiking society in Ireland, UK, US and all over the world.
How we can help your walking club:
- Tailored itinerary created by our group travel specialist
- Hotel accommodation
- Luggage transfers
- Airport transfers
- Certified guide if required
- Presentation for your group
- 1 person free of charge (minimum number applies)
HOW TO PLAN A WALKING HOLIDAY
Our travel specialists are here to help you organise your next walking adventure from start to finish. A walking holiday is different to any other type of getaway. Firstly, you need to decide which walking route is suitable for your club. This will depend on the age profile of the walkers, the preferred weather for walking, the type of terrain that your group enjoys to walk across (forest tracks, coastal views). Once you have decided on the best route to suit the club you can nominate a tour leader. If you have a group of 6 or more it is always a good idea to nominate a lead planner to keep track of the logistics of the tour. The leader then needs to send our sample itineraries to the group (we can help to tailor the itineraries for your trip). If you have an easy going group it may be best to vote on the top three. Once you have a selected route you can start to collect payments. This can be a tedious task but we can help with this too.
WHAT TO PACK FOR A WALKING HOLIDAY
Packing for a walking holiday is an easy task once you have put together your packing list. Unlike other holidays where you may spend time in different outfits, you will concentrate on comfortable clothing for your walking tour. Remember that you will be walking between 15 – 25 kms per day, for this you will want a well worn in pair of walking shoes or boots, a few packs of Merino wool socks and some sun-cream.
STEPS TO BOOK YOUR NEXT WALKING HOLIDAY
- Decide which route you would like to take with your walking club. Here are our top five routes for groups: the Classic Camino, the Coastal Camino, Northern Delights, the Camino to Rome and the End of the World.
- Contact our groups travel team to discuss the details and get the most suitable itinerary for your group.